This mission was carried out:
- In the development of simplified and laymanized FERTILITY AWARENESS modules
From puberty onwards, a man is able to get a woman pregnant each time he engages in sexual intercourse. The male contribution in the conception of a child is the sperm cell. Sperm production is signified by a boy’s first wet dream.
Sexuality Teaching in the context of Adult Responsibility is a value-oriented program for teens that combines experiential learning of fertility patterns with parental involvement and client-teacher confidentiality. Experiential learning challenges the teen woman or man to integrate their now-present biological capacity to become a parent into all aspects of their lives - - social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual.
his developmental curriculum contains unique features: 1) It is based on self-discovery of fertility and emotional patterns. 2) Individual counseling guides the students to examine the effect of their enhanced understanding of their sexuality and fertility on their self-concept, as well as on the consequences of any chosen behavior. 3) Teen STAR guides the students to seek and find answers which are capable of withstanding the test of adult life in a proper social setting.
Teachers need special preparation to offer the curriculum whose Behavioral and Affective Objectives, Procedures and course materials are described. Ongoing monitoring of the curriculum implementation and its effect on the students and parents, in collaboration with the Natural Family Planning Center of Washington, D.C., Inc. is an integral aspect of the program.
Teen STAR PROGRAM FOR YOUNG WOMEN
- The students will be able to observe and chart cervical mucus.
- The students will be able to differentiate between ovulatory and anovulatory cycles by studying their charts.
- The students will be able to list the physical changes that occur in the female hormonal cycles.
- The students will be able to discuss the emotional changes that occur within a menstrual cycle due to hormonal changes.
- The students will be able to answer questions regarding the male hormones and procreative power.
- The students will be able to list, describe, and discuss the psychosexual differences between men and women.
- The students will become aware of their own fertility.
- The students will begin to reflect on their personal feelings and desires.
- The students will examine and interpret sexual messages portrayed by the media.
- The students will strive towards developing healthy sexual attitudes.
- The students will begin to recognizer the power of procreation.
- The students will develop a respect for the gift of life.
- The students will be able to recognize the positive and negative consequences for sexual behavior.
- The students will be able to understand that sexual activity only finds congruity within a totally committed relationship.
- The students' identity and self-esteem will be improved.
- The students will be able to recognize the importance of quality communications within the family.
Please contact IRH Philippines for teacher training requests or customized sexuality sessions for students. Samples are available upon engagement.